Tuesday 20 August 2013

FTQ

Whoops. Things are not looking positive in Asia at the mo. All equities are under pressure so there is a flight to quality feel to the treasuries.
Nikkei
Mini SnP
 
 
Ten Year
So I expect a bid to the bund from the open. Yesterdays high could be initial target, but I expect Fridays high to be tested pretty soon after. On the downside I only really have yesterdays lo and what I can guess will be the usual psychological 140.00. Assuming we are gonna open well above it.
Bund
 
Looking to put on curve flatteners and maybe hold if we get some momentum.
Teds may see a slight turn around if it continues with bor lagging bond direction. Seemed to have lost some upward drive yesterday anyway.
 
Not much on the data front again today but Gilts could stick a spanner in the works on any upside move with an auction today. Not been a popular choice of instrument to buy of late!!!
 
Just out of interest and to keep it simple, I asked my daughters for their veiw of the bund 60 min chart.
Thea 9(nearly10), Looks like its going down
Evie 7, Looks like it did back there 23&24 of June so I think its going up.
Mae 5. It looks like it stopped going down now. I think up.
To be fair this was at 7pm last night they had no idea of what was going to happen overnight in Asia and I'm not teaching 'em fundamentals so don't be to hard on the pickles.
They will give me their view of the bund technical chart every monday....Stay tuned.
 
Bund 60min chart
 
Good luck
L
 
 
 

No comments: