Wednesday 21 August 2013

Minutes

I didn't bother with the open this am, only had bits and pieces on and it being a late show en all.
Regardless of what is said today the markets will be irrational. Therefore putting positions on based on what is released will equal buying hi in spreads or selling low in spreads. So if you're gonna trade the release from an economic point of veiw go home now, read the release, digest and put orders in tomorrow.
I'm not, I'm gonna trade noise and value based on things like ATR, mean reversion and oooh thats moved a long way without any pull back or ooh thats a nice trend with cheap stop on support/resistance.
Call me crazy but thats how I feel comfy with my risk. Keeping the size down and fundamental ignorant bliss!

So I'll be watching this a TED

This 2 year futures
Bond Ultra Bond spread
 A 5 Year TED
Most of it hinges on the price action of this for me
10 year
 
But I will take the opportunity to watch my usual Euro stuff as it gets dragged around by the hedgers. Thin markets expected so I'm gonna be using 25% of a usual clip size.
 
The last 2 days have given a nice opportunity to pick up cheap steepeners in Euro curves. Well 2s10s and 2s5s anyway. 5s10s being its usual "we'll do our own thing thanks" I'm sure it'll be back in line at some point. Either that or the other two are wrong.
€ curves
€ TEDS
 
 
This is the Eurodollar spreads I'm watching
 
All my views on gold, copper, oil,  dollar index, lumber and SnP are purely dinner party waffle and mostly huge uninformed assumptions so I'll leave that to smarty pants.....


Be lucky
L

No comments: