Friday 21 March 2014

Vernal Equinox Day

As the dust settles on little Yellens big mouth and we've all decided rates are going up half a year after QE has ended we can now enjoy a peaceful Friday. No data of any note (unless you trade Canadian stuff) Ukraine/Russia situation appears to have lost market impact but for some tit for tat sanctions. Hand bags at dawn!
Quadruple witching might throw up the odd burst of activity....but i won't hold my breath.
Oh & its Vernal Equinox Day in Japan, so we all have an excuse to chill, take stock of whats been going on and maybe reassess this years themes.
But for now I'm just gonna look at what I see today.

U.S. 10 year
I'm not sure the market has enough energy to break Post Yellen low today but the risk/reward does appear to be skewed towards fading rallies. I wont be doing that too aggressively until we test 123.19 I see 123.19 to 25 a reasonable spot for consolidation as shorts look to take profit.

Bund
Same story in bund. I see 142.68 as an area that could meet resistance, but as the bearish bond news is US driven there no reason why we can't break through that and test 142.90s.
€ curve
Impressive steepening this week has meant we have reached the top end of my longer term trend channel. Short term we have already given some of that back so I see us as mid rangey. Not an area here to put a position on in either direction.
 
€ teds
Bob teds nicely trading each side of the range whilst the Schatz ted has been heavily effected by the large steepening situation taking place. Schatz pulled down by general market moves whilst front Bor still has an eye on EUR rate cut....I'm likely to push the bor I use along a bit. Sep14 probably isnt going to move enough now.

No comments: